Registration for the 2016 Sasol Solar Challenge, South Africa, is officially open.
One race, more than 2000 kilometres, over eight days.
Where cutting edge engineering meets tenacious endurance. Sasol Solar Challenge 2016.
A challenge across South Africa starting in Pretoria on 24 September and ending in the city of Cape Town on 1 October.
Average distance, time, lowest consumption and strategic use of battery power all accumulate to determine the ultimate winner.
- Olympia Class: FIA Class. Four wheels, no plug-in recharging allowed.
- Challenger Class: Four wheels, no plug-in recharging allowed.
- Adventure Class: Open to cars that participated in other major events but do not conform to the other event classes. No plug-in recharging allowed.
- Cruiser Class: Designed for practicality and carry multiple passengers. Can re-charge overnight on certain days.
- Sustainability fleet: To provide a forum to further demonstrate advanced technologies in personal transport applications. Allowed to re-charge anytime.
Click here for the FIA Regulations for Olympia Class.
Click here for the regulations for all other classes. Please note that these regulations are based on the World Solar Challenge 2015 Regulations.
Sasol Solar Challenge 2016, the power of innovative energy.